Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1972 masey ferguson 135 tractor the 3 point hitch…

Customer Question
I have a 1972...

I have a 1972 masey ferguson 135 tractor the 3 point hitch drifts up nad dow will not stay in place

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

How can i keep my 3 point pto on my 1972 massey ferguson stop drifting and stay in place not leak down

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/29/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

If you have lift up, and turn off tractor , will the three point drift down quickly?

I takes about 5 minutes to drift down

Has the piston on the internal lift cylinder been resealed? If piston leaks, and it seems to be leaking, or it would hold position, would let three point cycle up and down, as oil leaves and then is replaced in the cylinder. I would reseal the cylinder, and check all the valves and springs at the same tie, s yo do all the possible items while lift cover is off.

I see question is still open, please use the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!