Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

When using any hydraulics on my lenar 274-1 oil cushes out…

Customer Question
When using any hydraulics...

When using any hydraulics on my lenar 274-1 oil cushes out weep hole on bottom of hydraulic pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Lenar 274-1

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled bottom piece off pump that has a hose hooked to it and it has a port with a weep hole with a spring and plunger inside.. I took out and sanded plunger. when I start tractor and turn wheel or try to raise bucket oil pours out of weep hole with plunger inside

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

All I can think of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/29/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. When oil leaks from the weep hole it is an indication of a failed pump bypassing internally with excessive case drain and internal leakage. Replace or rebuild if it is rebuild able and all parts are still in specs and not beyond their wear tolerances. Let me know

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.