Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 2010 deere 8270R that is having some SCV 4 issues.

Customer Question

Hi Kevin
I have a 2010 john deere 8270R that is having some SCV 4 issues.
active codes are acu 524103.04 and scc 2164.09
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have also tried switching the electronic control units that control the scv valves in the rear of the tractor.I have switched 4 and 3 remote ecu's with but I can't get number 4 wire connector to activate or control anything. Number 4 brain as well as 4's internal components will run number 3 scv as long as number 3 scv connector is plugged into it. If I unplug number 4 and number 3 connectors and test for volts while someone is running the levers they all test the same but none actually change when actuating the levers, I'm not sure if this is because they are all module controlled and need to see connection in order to give voltage or ... one interesting thing is that number 3 brain
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I check on these codes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It appears that part of what I had posted earlier didn't come through,
I have taken apart he armrest where the scv controllers are and swapped 3 and 4 and have eliminated it being a bad switch for number 4 as they both work on 3's line
All wires and connectors look great. No corrosion or pinches.I do vaguely remember this tractor throwing an armrest code periodically prior to any problems with the scv don't know if the two are related.
And I could look up all current and former codes if need be to help us out.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

ACU 524103.03 & ACU 524103.04 Operator Controls SCV IV Control Lever Sensor Circuit Voltage Problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

SCC 2164.9 Communication System

SCV control unit communication fault with SCV IV. Restart engine to attempt vehicle recovery.

Check the wiring and connector pins for damage and harness continuity in the SCV IV circuit and Control lever sensor for open circuits or problems. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is very vague
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wiring looks good and I don't know what continuity I need to be checking for..?
Please explain
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Clint, unfortunately I do not have this models schematic to get into that much detail with you on this one. I will opt out and pass this along to others. I was just saying that your SCV IV control to test continuity with your OHM meter to check for an open circuit or high resistance in the wiring harness. You do the same following the rest of the circuit. If you are in need of a play by play instruction I will have to pass this along to others as I will be unable to do that without the schematic unfortunately.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for trying
I think I may need some more in depth technical support from someone with access