Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

A montana tractor just now decided to have the rear

Customer Question

a montana tractor just now decided to have the rear hydraulics to the bucket and the back legs not work. the fluid is up so that isn't it, ant ideas
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok that sounds good
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing really, just checked the fluid and looked for leaks, am not inclined toward mechanics,
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please post the complete model and serial number of the tractor to be sure to get the correct information. In the meantime check the oil and hydraulic filter for signs of metal/debris that would flag an internal component or pump failure has occurred. If clean you could have a problem in a control valve or relief valve if the pump checks out okay. You will need to have someone check the actual pressures to verify this and compare the actual to the shop manual OEM specs. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.