Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I just purchased a 68 Deere 4020 power shift tractor. After…

Hi, I just purchased a 68...
I just purchased a 68 John Deere 4020 power shift tractor. After I got it home and in my shop I disengaged the transmission lever on the left side of the tractor. After I rengaged it the tractor will not move. I took off the panel below the steering column and seams like the lever rotates a little but not enough to lift the linkage going into the top of the transmission. Do I try to disconnect the linkage and try to lift it manually? Please help.
Gary
7/27/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Yes, try to lift the linkage manually, then if t works adjust the linkage to give it more travel.

Not sure if the pin will come out. Is there any thing in the transmission that needs to be aligned

No, nothing inside the transmission that would need to be aligned.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician