Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 1`250 ferguson tractor with 16 shuttle transmition

Customer Question

i have a 1`250 ferguson tractor with 16 shuttle transmition it shifts real slow and now seems to slip in a hard spot I adjusted clutch but never made a difference is there a filter for transmition
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: i have a 1250 ferguson tractor i think its 2001 with shuttle shift 16 speed it shifts real slow from forward to reverse and now seem like it slips when in hard spot i adjusted clutch and never helped is there a filter fot transmition
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the transmission oil condition for any metal/debris/burnt smell or discolored oil indicating an internal failure requiring disassembly, further inspection and rebuild. Let me know the results.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Click this link There is not a transmission filter but there is a hydraulic spin on for the hydraulic system.. Let me know

Hydraulic filter.