How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 5569
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just purchased a Lapland-Chiat scraper. Think it is a

Customer Question

I just purchased a Lapland-Chiat scraper. Think it is a c-108 unit. I got the hydrolic lines hooked up.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: S/N 40-250
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, that is what I would like to do. We are pretty handy with this type of things if we understand what to do. We have about 10000 yards of dirt to move on our farm.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It appears the push cylinder has bent the back of the box forward. It appears that caused the cylinder shaft to bow slightly upward. So we didn't go forward until we could get some advice on what to do to fix the problem.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. You will need to straighten the bow in the box and be sure to leave the cylinder pins in place to avoid causing misalignment. If it is too bad you may be rebuilding that section of the box. Straightening and reinforcing is the first choice. For the cylinder, it will need to be sent to a cylinder shop for rebuild and a new rod made or replaced. Let me know