Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Is it possible to find the tractor serial number by the

Customer Question

Is it possible to find the tractor serial number by the engine number
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: engine 246 DT 20123486
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I don't know for sure what tractor it is, I think a hydro 84 but can't find the serial number. I think the tractor is week but all functions appear to work. I did change both hydraulic filters. it jerks at times
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

pictures of tractor? No numbers on the hood? No numbers on rear axle tag or stamped on frame behind the engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Raised numbers on transmission housing 400946r5
Numbers on tag on bell housing 292865 BRX

No idea as to model? IH, Case, Deere, Ford?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know it is a International Harvestor What I am not sure of is it a hydro 84 ?? and what the serial number is.
That is why I asked if the serial number can be found by the engine number. Stamped on right side of block. 246 DT20123486
With the number it would be easier to talk issues and find the correct fix and parts

On Hydro 84 the s/n of the tractor is on the right front axle housing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not there. ?? Was it a tag or stamped ??

Does not say. See link.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/0/301-international-harvester-hydro-84.html

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All ready looked there.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All ready looked there.

With out the s/n of the tractor, there is no way to come up with the correct dates. The engine number does not help.