Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have sa kubota 4180 round baler and it rolls fine but will

Customer Question

I have sa kubota 4180 round baler and it rolls fine but will not wrap by itself nor will it cut the wrap, this baler has not rolled 65 rolls of hay and has been a constant problem and have had kubota repa out several times who fix it and next time we hook up the baler does the same thing, I just picked it up yesterday morning after a free tune up at dealers and again the same thing and naturally no dealer to come out on a weekend, I also cannot get computer to convert to twine tie either, do you know how to make this thing work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I need help with a kubota round baler
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: please read first part of message
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Let me see what I have for information on this model for you.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
We finally got the twine to work but it still won't wrap
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the update. Do you have the operation manual on how to set everything up for the settings? If not I can help with that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do and we have followed instruction and it does not work and the kubota mechanic has done same and it does not work
When we next have hay down if it does not work I am going to return it to kubota and if they don't take it back I will have attorney file a suit under the lemon law
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

thanks for the update. I do not blame you. It sounds like a computer/controller software issue if nothing is wrong with the wiring, switches and adjustments. They should try reprogramming and resetting the modules to factory settings. I do not blame you. So they are involved for warranty work it seems on this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Computer has been reset several times
Baler has been back to shop
Local dealer mechanic here 3 or 4 times
Kubota regional guy here once
I've told them since first day this baler has serious problems and every time I use it there are huge problems
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Wow, Sorry to hear it is giving you that much trouble. I agree at this point they need to swap it out with another baler or get it right. You can not operate or get your work done like that. Down time is costing you dearly.