Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Tractor cuts out when put into gear, Tract cuts out,

Customer Question

Tractor cuts out when put into gear
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Tract cuts out , usually, when put into gear
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Last time, I blew out the hose with compressor, the hose from fuel pump and it worked fine while bush hogging, disingenuous , raking. This time, a few weeks later, it's cutting out again
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I forget which is the fuel pump now.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Make and model of tractor? Tank to first filter/strainer, to the fuel transfer pump. Everything after transfer pump is under pressure and will not cause lack of fuel. May have trash in fuel tank or at the first fitting from tank to the filter, this is where any debris from tank, that is too big to go through the filter collects. Clean hose and fitting and blow back into the tank.