Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a deere tractor model 6220. the glow plug indicator

Customer Question
I have a john deere...
I have a john deere tractor model 6220. the glow plug indicator light stays on with the key removed.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: model 6220, serial # L06220A397333
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulled instrument cluster, checked relay- it's de-energized until you push in on key. found fuse feeding circuit. disconnected cpu and light stays on.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/15/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. I was going to say recheck that relay and try unplugging it to see if the light goes out. Also test the ignition switch for power in and out with the switch in each key position including off. Let me know the results for a possible faulty key switch. Check the wiring for shorts and damage.

Dan, Technician