Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I'm looking for a gear shift boot for my IH 500C crawler.

Customer Question

I'm looking for a gear shift boot for my IH 500C crawler. Any idea where I can get one or what I could use.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I do not have the SN but it is a 500C model.
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have looked all over the net trying to find a boot with a 1/2" top ID and 3" bottom ID.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Get the dimensions off of the lower part of the boot and the shifter shaft size and you can find a universal one at most truck part stores or on the web. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot use this as there is no means of attaching the bottom screw holes because the trans housing is solid cast steel and I don't want to drill holes into the housing. So no I can't use this. thank you.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Can you take a picture of the shifter? I bet you can use one for a john deere tractor.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

check those two