Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Working on a Jinma 184 with a TY290 engine. Completely tore

Customer Question

working on a Jinma 184 with a TY290 engine. Completely tore down the 2 fuel injectors - Issue I have is there is no published data for what the fuel return line preset adjustment is.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Jinma Model:190 Engine: TY290 2cylinder
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just looking for the fuel line preload adjustment is. Detail: on top of the injectors under the top nut (remove return line first) there is a slotted screw that sets the return needle valve spring preload pressure - what is this preload setting? eg: number of turns or torq.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Hi my name is***** adjustment on injection nozzles are set by pop off pressure using a nozzle tester in a fuel injection shop. There is no way to set those properly with out pop testing them and setting the pop off pressure correctly. You need to bring them to a fuel injection shop for them to set the pop off pressure. Let me know if you need more help. There is no number of turns or torque. It is by pressure gauge readings on the tester.