Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Curtis. helped me with an issue last week on a 2006 Kubota,

Customer Question

Curtis B. helped me with an issue last week on a 2006 Kubota, BX2350D. My problem has returned.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 2006 Kubota, BX-2350D, S/N 50961
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My last fix involved plugging the return line from engine to increase fuel pressure at manifold. Problem appears to be fuel starvation.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it' Curtis B. he will remember.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Took a few days off, back to work now! Fuel starvation? Is the electric fuel pump running? Good fuel past the fuel pump, to the injection pump housing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Return line is still plugged. Note; it operated properly for just over an hour till I started having issues. I allowed it to rest for an hour and tried again. Major issues. I then tried refilling the fuel tank (hoping the fresh fuel might cool the fuel in the tank). Completed the yard with no issues. (Just under an hour)
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

oK, so where are we now? Runs ok or ???

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Was running OK when I got off of it. My concern is the next time I'm ready to mow, it'll give me problems again before I'm finished with the yard.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The fuel in tank should not heat up, the return line is still open at the injector spill return, not sure why adding fuel would change anything!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could the fuel level have something to do with it?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

If fuel level was low, or if there is a problem with suction from tank, it could affect it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Possibility of trash in the tank?
Is there an injector pump?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Injection pump is the part with the high pressure lines going to the cylinder head.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I check the injection pump?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

It is working, or engine would not run. Or you would have no fuel to the injection nozzles at head. It only acts up when it gets air or a lack of fuel to it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

My thought ,is there is problem at tank.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll remove the tank and clean it out.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Check the tubes in the tank, for any splits, and hoses, all need to be vacuum tight.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Understood
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Have you had a chance to remove the tank?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have removed and replaced the fuel tank as well as the fuel lines from the tank. I have not yet had the opportunity to test the mower due to excessive rainfall due to Tropical Storm Cindy.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

OK> Keep dry!