Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I would like to replace the canister fuel filter on my JD…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to replace the canister fuel filter on my JD 790 yanmar 3 cyl.desil and i can't find a wrench to fit in this tight spot/

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

MODEL 790 SER. # LVO79OG794712

Mechanic's Assistant: Welcome! How can I help with your farm equipment question?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

MODEL 790 SER. # LVO79OG794712

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
ARE YOU GOING TO SEND ME AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION VIA E-MAIL?
Answered in 2 days by:
6/19/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP34/MP34739________UN01JUL04.gif

Deere uses two versions of fuel filter, see link below. You want to remove the two mounting bolts? And a standard box end, open end , wrench will not fit? What is in the way?

Are you going to use the same type filter? If not, use a hammer and chisel to cut off the two bolts!

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

removing fuel filter
John Seminatore I solved my problem---thank you

You have to rate the answer to close the question! Thanks.

I FOUND AN ALTERNATE METHOD--GOT THE JOB DONE.

OK> There are many methods, good job! But question is still open, until you rate answer to close.