Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Kubota L3600 and the PTO will not turn. I can move…

Customer Question
I have a Kubota...

I have a Kubota L3600 and the PTO will not turn. I can move the lever to engage but nothing happens. It worked fine last season.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

L3600DT-GST. I don't have the serial number, where do I find it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it for now.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/14/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

PTO Lever moves a cable, to the lever on the side of the transmission. Is the lever on the transmission valve moving the lever n transmission? If you remove cable at the lever, and shift it manually, will pto turn? Cable may be frozen or broken.

The lever appears to be hard linked to the transmission. What is visible outside is moving with the lever, I don't know what in inside. The PTO worked fine last season and has not been touched since then.

So this is the manual pto , and has gears, and not a hydraulic pto clutch Do the gears grind if you try to put it in gear with clutch out?

No. I had to rotate the PTO shaft by hand in order to get the shift lever to go into the engaged position, but once there, nothing happens.

Does the lever feel like it is moving an internal gear? Or is just loose?

I can't tell, it moves easily, but if the gears aren't lined up the lever won't go into the engaged position.

Do you have free play at the clutch pedal? The pto is driven off the clutch.

The clutch works fine, no problem with it.

If it has no free play, it can affect the pto shaft. If clutch is ok, then your pto clutch and shaft needs to be checked by disassembly!