Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Kubota GF 1800 diesel will not crank when warm, I will…

Customer Question
My Kubota GF 1800...

My Kubota GF 1800 diesel will not crank when warm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will have to go check and come back

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am asking for my husband and he has gotten it started since it has cooled off . This is not the first time he has had this problem. It just won't crank when warm if you shut it off

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/12/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Will it not turn over at all by the starter or is it that is turns over with the starter but will not start /run?

the model number is ***** 1800 E and the serial number is *****

Hi,Will it not turn over at all by the starter or is it that is turns over with the starter but will not start /run?

Ok Ill assume it wont crank at all. Test for power to the small S terminal with the key switch in the cranking position and verify the batteries and cables check okay and the connections are clean and tight. If so and there is power there but it will not crank it means the starter has a problem if it will not turn over. Let me know

My husband has found it will start all right after it has cooled down, but it will not restart when hot/

So it will turn over with the starter but not run. Check the fuel supply and see if there are any leaks or restrictions between the tank and the pump and try running from a separate container or source ans let me know if the problem still exists indicating a suction side problem. Let me know