Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

ON A DEERE 3320 TRACTOR THERE IS A SMALL CASE BOLTED TO THE…

Customer Question
ON A JOHN DEERE...

ON A JOHN DEERE 3320 TRACTOR THERE IS A SMALL CASE BOLTED TO THE TOP OF THE TRANSMISSION ON THE REAR, DIRECTLY ABOVE THE PTO SHAFT.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

THAT CASE IS THE HYDRAULIC BOX THAT RAISES THE 3 POINT ATTACHMENTS. WHAT KIND OF FLUID DOES IT USE? IS IT THE LOW VIS HIGH GUARD AS IS USED IN THE TRANSMISSION OR ANOTHER HYDRAULIC FLUID?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

YES, WHAT THE FLUID LEVEL BE. THERE IS ONLY THE YELLOW CAP ONE THAT CASE, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE A DIP STICK?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/24/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** with me while I pull up your info

You will use the low Vis Hygard and that is the fill plug. There is a dipstick to the left. Click below

Transmission check

Hi, Did you get this resolved?