Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

When I pull out the switch to engage the drive clutch the…

Customer Question
When I pull out...

When I pull out the switch to engage the drive clutch the engine stalls

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere 145 and the serial number is *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

When I pull out the nob to activate the drive clutch the engine stalls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took the belt off and it still stalls and yes I am fixing it myself

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/18/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The run circuit for the mower is not complete, Check the seat switch and the brake switch , the switches and the pto switch all have to work together, and mower thinks there is no one in the seat when pto is turned on.

I see question is still open, did you see my response? Is mower fixed?