Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

How do I remove the pto shaft from a snow blower on a jd

Customer Question

How do I remove the pto shaft from a snow blower on a jd 650
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Serial number plate is missing
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I came to a stop when the shaft didn't come apart when I pelled pulled
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am trying to remove the snow blower not the actual shaft, it's caught on the front of the front pto shaft
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

drive shaft for blower is hung on the pto shaft? Do you have blower model number? Is the drive shaft locked to pto shaft with spring loaded coupler, or have a bolt through the join? Or has shaft came forward and is in a bind? Use jack to pickup on drive shaft and use hammer to tap shaft off