Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Curtis, I k, Curtis, I have a kubota L185 and it loses power

Customer Question

Hi Curtis, I k
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Hi Curtis, I have a kubota L185 and it loses power doesn't respond right away with throtta
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed fuel filter it is getting fuel it will start but excelleration is bad no power
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tractor serial number 185-10241 engine serial number z751-A
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model number is ***** kubota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Acts like a governor would on small engine you have throttle but doesn't what to go well or Boggs down when trying to go
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doesn't throttle up when moving no power
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

L185 is a gravity flow system to the filter and to the injection ump. We need to check the line from the tank, to the filter. The fitting at the filter, where the line from tank goes, is subject to gathering any debris from tank. If fuel is restricted, it will let engine run, but not enough fuel to get the needed rpm. Or make a test line and bypass the filter and existing lines from tank, Attach test line to tank, and go direct to the injection pump. Then test.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Cirtis, fuel is getting to the filter and up to the pump and to the injectors, your saying I could be getting fuel but not enough fuel, I will try passing the tank and filter

Yes, not enough fuel!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Chris, just bypassed the tank and fuel filter same thing.will start up but hesitate on throttling up and when lifting mower deck wants to stall

Line direct to the injection pump inlet fitting? Return line open back to the tank?

All cylinders firing, tested by loosening one high pressure line at a time , to see if all drop rpm the same when loosened, just like shorting out a spark plug.??

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I get fuel to the injectors, it's a two cylinder when I crack one line at a time when it runs it stops running.

What is history of unit? When did it run right? Has it gotten worse all at once? Or has gotten worse over time? Plenty of air, air filter not plugged? Have youtried it with air filter bypassed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's been a good tractor no issues, been good until now. I will check air filter but I think it is ok. Could it be something to do with the governor somehow.

could be governor with broken spring or sticking linkage. Just have to remove the throttle cover and see what you can see.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Chris found the problem. Fuel line loose at pump.

!! Good job! Please rate using the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Very satisfied with the help, five star for this help thanks again Chris!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

On customer side is 5 star rating system, you have to use it to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!