Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a international harvester tractor 340 utility power

Customer Question

I have a international harvester tractor 340 utility power steering rear hydraulic cylinder had cylinder rebuilt still won't go up or down loosened supply line no pressure . In reading there is a priority valve . I think this may be the problem because the power steering is working fine . My question is the priority valve on back of the tractor behind the battery box ? What can I do to test it? can I bypass it by taking out the spring or something in the valve to test it ? Thanks Mark
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

All I find is a flow control, # 22 in the link below, it could be stuck or spring broken.