Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I'm using a kubota L3901 tractor, the tractor quit moving in…

I'm using a kubota...

I'm using a kubota L3901 tractor, the tractor quit moving in forward or reverse has 141 hrs.It is in gear. Had been working fine,pushed in clutch and put in reverse let out clutch , does not move.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not yet

5/1/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Geared tranmision or hydrostat? Does the clutch feel the same? If you try to shift gears with it running, do gears grind? Does pto shaft turn when on?

The gears do not grind if you try to shift without clutch. Did not try pto.clutch feels the same

Geared or hydrostat?

geared I think, I just went to check pto, it worked had to push clutch to engage then tried gears again and it moved ? not sure what happened but seems to be working again .

Sounds like the clutch may have stuck and was not engaging the flywheel. Do you have free play at the top of the clutch pedal travel?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I will check clutch tomorrow for free play, sounds like it was probably stuck some how.

OK< Thanks!