Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a LTR166 Lawn Tractor and it abruptly made a very…

Customer Question
I have a LTR166...

I have a LTR166 Lawn Tractor and it abruptly made a very loud and high pitched noise and when trying to restart just makes a humming sound but the engine does not engage. I thought that I had run over something but can find nothing in the yard that would indicate this. I also had a flat tire that was actually going flat as I was mowing and didn't notice until the mower stopped, Don't know if this is relevant or not. Any advice would help. Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Is anyone there??

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/27/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 5 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

remove the spark plugs make sure engine turns over easy by hand

also check the blade is not bent and hanging up

the flat tire may have put blade to close to the ground

I hope this helps you

Hi If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

That is the only way I get credit for the question

Or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time

If you need more info use the INFO button

Not the Poor/Bad service

I can't rate yet since I have no time now to deal with mower. I will as soon as I can.

OK

Thank you

But please remember , or I get nothing for my time

you money you paid stays at JA , I get nothing

Morning

just following up with you

did my answer help you

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA,

I get nothing for my time