Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Doing my front axle oil change on a L4630. I drained it to

Customer Question

Doing my front axle oil change on a L4630 . I drained it to my book specs but did not check the amount that came out. It is supposed to take 9.5 QTS but I only got a gallon in and it came out the overflow? I let it sit overnight and it still came out . I drained it out again to just start over and put 8 qts in and ran it a little .It is past the overflow i
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: L4630 don't know serial number
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Front axle oil change issue
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You are over filling it! You can never get all the oil out, as it fills the axle cavity, all the way to the wheels. When you drain it, all you get out is the oil in the center housing. It should only be filled to around the mid point in the center housing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there an air vent on these tractors for the axle ?

Let me look.

No, unless it is incorporated into the filler plug.

Please rate to close the question and get me credit. Thanks.