Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a new X350 and the mower blades will not spin. It…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new X350 and the mower blades will not spin. It looks like the transfer spindle under the motor is not spinning either.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will need to get that information. give me a few minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to determine what is going wrong. I have done the following. I have checked the deck height, that is working. I have made sure the throttle is at full. I have raised and lowered the deck and the belt will not engage. The belt from the motor to the transfer on the deck is not moving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

This has electric clutch to turn on the deck. I assume the switch is on ? Located on the dash? Is the wires going under the engine, attached to the clutch, or could they be pulled loose? Check with engine OFF.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/0002/0002444330____________A1.gif

This is what the switch controls and drives the deck belt.