Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Deere L120 has electrical issues and won't crank. Can you…

Customer Question
My John Deere L120 has...
My John Deere L120 has electrical issues and won't crank. Can you help me figure out what's wrong
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/2/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Are you using a voltmeter to test with? If the electric fuel solenoid does not click when key is flipped on and off, the keyswitch may not have battery voltage. It comes direct form the starter solenoid to the fuse, to the switch

I checked all of the switches previously mentioned with a voltmeter and the battery is fully chargedOnce upon a time, say around 30 years ago, I was a John Deere mechanic but thing have changed a lot.

If the electric fuel solenoid does not click when key is flipped on and off, the keyswitch may not have battery voltage. It comes direct form the starter solenoid to the fuse, to the switch. check for voltage to the key

I'll try again later. Thanks anyway.

OK> seems like voltage to key, or the keyswitch is bad. Safety switch would affect start, but does not affect fuel solenoid , it gets voltage at key on.

I see question is still open, did you get engine going? Please rate to close and get me credit, thanks.