Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I'm considering purchasing a 1991 agco Allis 8610. any

Customer Question
I'm considering purchasing a...

I'm considering purchasing a 1991 agco Allis 8610. any concerns with this model that I should be aware of?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1991 Agco Allis 8610, I don't have the serial number

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, looking at purchasing and would like to know of any pros or cons for this model

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/1/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

I searched the inter net on this

this is what I came up with

But I will say a good machine

About the only major thing is the electronic control module and electronic governor and speed sensor pick up . If anything shorts it, it wil have to be replaced. About $7-8 hundred best I can remember and over a grand for the governor . Have have to replace one or two of each in about 12 tractors we service. Some have not been in the shop -others not so lucky.

One had over 8000 hours when it went somewhere - lost track of it - customer spent less than 1000 on repairs - another had over $4000 spent on it - harsh operator.

Some units had a hig low power shift for about 36 speeds - about 18 useable. Had a mechanical shuttle - do not force this as it is a mechanical syncro - all units should shift

ez between forward and reverse - IF they grind the syncro has been destroyed.

These units of course were SLH Same, units also sold as Huerelman, Lambordini units. Don't count off for my spelling on these. Customers either loved them or hated them as a final observation. They faired much better up north sales wise as Canada sold the most of them.

I hope this helps you

Hi If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

That is the only way I get credit for the question

Or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time

If you need more info use the INFO button

Not the Poor/Bad service

Hi If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Not the Poor/Bad service

HI

Just wondering where we are with this

you need any more info ??