Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

I'm having problems with a 8110 JD, If i press the right

Customer Question

Good Evening
I'm having problems with a 8110 JD, If i press the right side brakes the left side also brakes even though i'm not pressing it. What could be the problem?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to speak with KEVIN only
he has experience with John Deere Equipment Thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.

I apologize for the very delayed response, I've been away from Just Answer for some time due to a busy schedule.

The issue that you are experiencing is most often caused by the left side brake piston in the master cylinder not retracting all the way. What happens is the rubber boot on top of the brake valve rots out over time and allows dirt and moisture to build up on top the the brake pistons. Once one of the pistons cannot return to the home position the pressure from the other brake is allowed through the equalizing valve thus actuating both brakes. Most of the time you can remove the brake valve, emery cloth the piston bore, replace the needed o-rings and seals and your good to go. make sure the pistons return to the top and put a new boot on it.

If my response doesn't get you up and going just let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin