Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Jd e 4310 mid PTO not working. 2004 Deere 4310 E don't have…

Customer Question
Jd e 4310 mid...

Jd e 4310 mid PTO not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2004 John Deere 4310 E don't have the serial number. It has a 3 solenoid manafold for real PTO 4wheel drive and mid PTO. Rear PTO and 4wd working. Mid PTO won't engage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/12/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP30/MP30872________UN17JAN03.gif

Do yo have the optional , electric engaged mid pto, like the link above? Is the solenoid getting power when mid pto is selected? If not, locate the relay and see if the relay is closing.You have switch, relay and solenoid, to make mid pto work.

I put a test light on the mid PTO and it lit but nothing happens. I took solenoid apart to see of something was stuck but it looked good. Reassembled and still nothing.

Did you check the coil when you had it off, to see if ti turns into magnet? If it does, the inner parts of valve are not working.

It did not turn into a magnet. I fried the other solenoid boy it did not turn into magnet either. Thought I was doing something wrong. I used a car battery to energize them and a test light. Light lit but no electo magnet.

solenoid coil has to become an electro magnet, or it will not move the inner valve. the battery should have worked/

Right. But the rear solenoid does work so it should become magnetized. Maybe I will try switching them.

Yes, you can swap the coils for test/

I will get back to you with the results of switching them. Do you know which relay controls the mid PTO?

no, look at wire color to the solenoid, will be same at relay.