Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My deer 850 tractor hydraulic front loader won't go up or…

Customer Question
My john deer 850...

My john deer 850 tractor hydraulic front loader won't go up or down

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

My john deere 850 hydraulic front loader won't go up or down ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it into the dealer to get the water out of the system. they did the job but now i looked at bthe hydrolic oil level and it looked very low so i put in 5 gals

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of any ,,,and yes i am doing the work

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/6/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Does the bucket work? Just not the boom? Common cause is one of the quick connects , at the control valve not being plugged in all the way. Remove the two boom hoses and reattach, do not go by how they look, remove and reattach. If both functions are lost, then we have different problems!

I see question is still open, did you see my response?