Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Trouble getting T6.175 tractor to run at full power. I get a

Customer Question

Trouble getting T6.175 tractor to run at full power. I get a DEF ! alert and alarm. It has been below 0 for a couple of weeks most of the time. I put a heater on the DEF tank. What do you recommend. Cows need fed.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Serial #ZDBD13781 Model T6.175 Is this enough?
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have only had the tractor about 10 days so don't know much about it. It is a 2013 model, used of course. Have run tractor rev'ed up to warm DEF but when it powers down that is not an option and didn't seem to help a lot.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What do you have for fault codes? The power has been derated due to an error detected and can not be resolved until the error is corrected and system reset. Check your DEF level and let me know what you have for fault codes. Check for restrictions or leaks in the DEF system and for any obvious wiring issues, etc. with a visual inspection. Let me know