Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

How to replace a clutch seal in a 1969 ford tractor 2000

Customer Question

how to replace a clutch seal in a 1969 ford tractor 2000 3-cylender
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I haven't started yet
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Clutch seal? In the bell housing? Explain what needs to be done. Typically the clutch shaft would not have a seal. What transmission, a geared transmission, not the old selectomatic?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it's gearded transmission will it looks like it is coming from clutch shaft the one that comes out to holds the peddle on ?? I got to sighn off until tomorrow morning!!

There should be no oil in the clutch housing. There should be a drain hole in the bottom of the bell housing. Is transmission over full on oil? There is no seal in the front of the transmission, so if the oil is over full, the oil flows into the housing, and should drain out the bottom. Otherwise the clutch gets oil soaked.

I see there is a seal in the front of transmission. # 2 in the link below.

I see question is still open. Please rate to close and get me credit! Thanks.