Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Ihave an old ford 600 tractor that is leaking alot of

hydrolic fluid out of the...
Ihave an old ford 600 tractor that is leaking alot of hydrolic fluid out of the peep hole below the hydrolic pump. Ycan see the flywheel through this hole. Is there some valve that could be stuck causing this to leak alot of fluid when the tractor is running.I already rebuilt the pump and can not figure this problem
12/12/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

There should be a hole in the bottom of the clutch housing that would drain any oil or fluid, For hydraulic pump to leak, it would have to be leaking around the shaft seal. Are you sure it is hydraulic fluid? What transmission do you have? Standard gear transmission can be over full and leak oil into the bell housing.

It is a stick transmission and if i keep the tractor running it draines the 3 point hitch hydrolic reservour. it is hydrolic fluid

The transmission is the reservoir, is it not? Transmission is not being over filled? If not, the only place hydraulic oil can enter the bell housing is the hydraulic pump shaft seal!

there is a seperate reservoir for the 3 point hydrolics

OK> Then your pump has to be problem. Is there a drain hole in the bell hosing that is stopped up?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician