How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 3606
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to replace the Deere model 790 bucket seal and

Customer Question

hi! i am trying to replace the john Deere model 790 bucket seal and running into problems taking out the compressed medal ring, any easy answer, the kit i purchased has all plastic rings
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: hydraulic arm seals
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else yet
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 10 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** this an excavator? if so are we talking about the bucket curl cylinder?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not an excavator, just a regular tractor with front loader, yes it would be a curl cylinder I have a picture attached
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I may not have to remove this metal ring
Expert:  John Oliver replied 10 months ago.

i think i see what your having an issue with. it is deceiving because its so thin. just work a small blade screw driver in there and collasp it. i think i saw the new one in the second pic? laying net to the snap ring plyers?