Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Deere 4450 with water in oil iam thinking water

Customer Question

I have a john Deere 4450 with water in oil iam thinking water pump but just before I notice water in oil the oil pressure drop could the water pump cause this to happen
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Water pump is not usual cause of water in the oil. Has engine been overheated? Is the water in the oil a small amount or large? The cylinder liners in the block are common cause of water in the oil.. If you can get the oil pa off, you can pressure test the radiator system and see where the water is coming from.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?