Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a 2008 deere 4520. Have a leak somewhere with the

Customer Question
Have a 2008 john deere...
Have a 2008 john deere 4520. Have a leak somewhere with the steering hydraulics behind the fuel tank runs down each side of the trans , not alot , any thoughts
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/5/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok

Deere compact 4520? What transmission? Cab? Shows three different hose setups.

Here is cab setup.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/PU02/PU02656________UN14FEB10.gif

Open station, e hydro

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP40/MP40372________UN25OCT07.gif

Looks to be steel tubing, so lines may have hole rubbed in it.Just have to get in there and see if you can see where leak is coming from.

What about seal in steering assembly?

Can be, but that leak should be under the column.

Its wet in the area behind the panel under the key switch

With the steering gear, there are plenty of places for a leak, it's just so congested, it is hard to get a look. Just have to remove covers and get in there and look for source. Sorry, no good way to find a leak!

far the fluid is running down the steering valve .is there a seal between the top of the valve assembly and where the tilt steering assembly come together?
I basically paid $46 for no real answer