Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Bx1500 that every once in awhile would not start,

Customer Question

I have a Bx1500 that every once in awhile would not start, just made a clicking noise, I played with the safety switch under the seat a couple times and got it started. Now it's starts fine but when I engage the PTO for the belly mower nothing happens. No noise changes, just not activating PTO,, any suggestions?? B
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

From what I see on the front pto, it is a mechanically engaged pto . using a lever . It shows no electrical components. Am seeing this right? Is the lever moving the shaft going into the transmission housing? Does the rear pto shaft work?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I haven't checked to see if rear PTO is engaging, there is a lever to mechanically engage PTO and a electrical switch under lever that when lever is engaged has a button that releases.. Worked fine 2 weeks ago when I used it. I will check when I get home from work if rear PTO will engage. I thought maybe the switch under the lever had gone bad.

The switch is the safety switch to keep the starter from engaging if the pto is in gear. It does not keep the gears from engaging.