Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Small kioti tractor with backhoe/loader - probably a safety…

Customer Question
small kioti tractor with backhoe/loader...
small kioti tractor with backhoe/loader - probably a safety switch - panel lights, etc works, but key will not engage - nothing
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/13/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

If you hold key in start position, and move all the gear levers and pto levers , can you get starter to kick? You do have the pto in neutral? Seat switch and brake switch?

everything is in neutral - key will not turn on anything but panel - no clicking or noise

You have moved the levers while holding key in start? Many times switch will be jus off a little and wiggling lever will make connection. Do you have a voltmeter to check further? Al fuses check good with meter?

we have tried most everything - thought there might be a trick to it - ran good for awhile

Is battery voltage above 12.5 volts? Don't overlook the obvious, how old s the battery?

tractor does not have but 200 hrs on it

How old is it?

its new - its a rental unit

!! so have you been using it for awhile? Do you have jumper cables or battery charger to test battery?

thanks for the help

Thank you.