Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

L3410 won't go forward or reverse. All linkages seem fine

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/9/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Glide shift transmission? It has a conventional clutch, does the clutch feel like it is moving the pressure plate when you press on the clutch pedal? Do you get any gear grinding? How did it quit? Worked ok yesterday, now will not work? Transmission fluid level correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Has shuttle shift. Worked fine backed it up shut off, now nothing.rpms don't change when shifted into gear

Spin on filter on the transmission shift cover on the side? See if you can determine if fluid is being circulated. May have to loosen filter or connection to see if it has fluid flowing with engine running.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not hydro trans. Standard shift

OK, so it is manual shift, so all is gears. Does the pto wok? Shaft spins?

So no events, it quit!

Two wheel drive or does it have the 4WD? Nothing in two wheel or 4WD?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct nothing in either

Pto works. so the shaft is turning at the clutch. And you have no difference in the feel of the clutch. Do you have GST valve on side of transmission like this link below?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe so looks different don't believe this is glide shift reg 4 so hi low and shuttle shift

I'm trying to figure out why a mechanical transmission would just stop. No gear grinding? With the GST, it has valves that can stick, and keep fluid from the f/r control. Anything else would have to be clutch and input shaft probelm!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No grinding.backed up and parked. Then nothing

Jack up the rear wheels and with tractor in two wheel drive, turn one rear wheel manually and see if the other wheel turns in the opposite direction. It will , If axles and rear end or good,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does

Ok, I assume you tried to see if it would work while in air? And nothing! I would be looking for a cover to remove and see if you can find the input shaft from clutch, turning the transmission. Seems like there is a (disconnect) after the engine, before the transmission!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician