How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wayne Your Own Question
Wayne, Journeyman
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 9459
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Wayne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Deere 4200 compact utility tractor that has diesel

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 4200 compact utility tractor that has diesel fuel in the engine oil. Is that caused by a failing injector pump? Are they repairable? Any other possible causes for this situation? Please let me know.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing yet. This was discovered during a routine oil and filter change.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The tractor started blowing oil out of the overfill tube this afternoon.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

What you are describing is a common issue

the front seal of the pump starts to leak

need to remove the pump and take to a injection shop for repair

before you remove the pump , need to place engine on TDC

remove valve cover, hand turn engine to both valves are loose on #1 cylinder

I hope this helped you

Hi. If this helped you,

Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

I do not get paid for question, unless you rate my answer

If more info is needed, use the reply button -


Related Agriculture and Farm Equipment Questions