Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I'm having problems with my Deere 5425 fuel system, Deere…

Customer Question
I'm having problems with...

I'm having problems with my John Deere 5425 fuel system

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere 5425

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I've tried bleeding the fuel system but nothing happens when I use the primer pump on the fuel filter

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/15/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Primer pump nit working? Remove the line going to the prier and hold finger over the opening as you pump, to see if the pump is making vacuum. If pump is pumping, you have a vacuum leak before the pump!

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/RE52/RE522182PCDA01_UN19OCT06.gif

If primer is not pumping, it needs to be replaced.

I see question is still open. did you find problem?