How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Your Own Question
Jeremy, Diesel Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 3304
Experience:  ASE Certified Medium/Heavy Duty Technician, Hydraulics, Electrical, Brakes Certified
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Jeremy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to you replace the motion control plastic bushings on a

Customer Question

How to you replace the motion control plastic bushings on a grasshopper 928d or any of the grasshoppers for that matter. I have tried this twice and you can barely move the arms on the mower to steer it.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I'm not certain if the proper way, but I use a upholstery tool that has the split end on it for like door plastic that you find at the atuo parts store, then pry them apart wit ha hammer. If they break, I use a smaller screw driver to split them. Them I push the new tabs/plastic bushings in, spray with graphite grease then slide the control arms in. They will be a little tight for a day or two and will loosen for me. I've not had them super tight to where I couldn't turn at all.


You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
These will not work that way, they will not fit. You can force them but I promise they will not move in a vise with pipe wrench
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can drive them in but the that's a wasted bushing because you have to torch it to melt it free
Expert:  Jeremy replied 10 months ago.

You have that style. I usually replace the whole ro and not do the bushing.

Let me send an email to my contact that works on these and see if he has a manual that describes them or how he does this style.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you will know, you have to put inside of housing and the run a 1/2" drill bit through them before they fit. That's what the manufacturer said they do even on new machines
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

Really. Why don't they just make them properly?

Thanks for letting me know because my contact didn't tell me that.