Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

How to you replace the motion control plastic bushings on a

Customer Question
grasshopper 928d or any of...
How to you replace the motion control plastic bushings on a grasshopper 928d or any of the grasshoppers for that matter. I have tried this twice and you can barely move the arms on the mower to steer it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
IMG_20160912_192824363.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20160912_192831496.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20160912_193550740.jpgIMG_201...jpg1473724832383189402244.jpg1473724...jpg
Answered in 1 day by:
9/14/2016
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I'm not certain if the proper way, but I use a upholstery tool that has the split end on it for like door plastic that you find at the atuo parts store, then pry them apart wit ha hammer. If they break, I use a smaller screw driver to split them. Them I push the new tabs/plastic bushings in, spray with graphite grease then slide the control arms in. They will be a little tight for a day or two and will loosen for me. I've not had them super tight to where I couldn't turn at all.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
These will not work that way, they will not fit. You can force them but I promise they will not move in a vise with pipe wrench
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can drive them in but the that's a wasted bushing because you have to torch it to melt it free

You have that style. I usually replace the whole ro and not do the bushing.

Let me send an email to my contact that works on these and see if he has a manual that describes them or how he does this style.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you will know, you have to put inside of housing and the run a 1/2" drill bit through them before they fit. That's what the manufacturer said they do even on new machines

Really. Why don't they just make them properly?

Thanks for letting me know because my contact didn't tell me that.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician