Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a Deere 5105; it starts good while cold, but when it

Customer Question
Hello, I have a John...
Hello, I have a John Deere 5105; it starts good while cold, but when it runs for 15 or 20 minutes, it will not restart until about an hour. Could this be a faulty fuel shut off solenoid or something else? Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/10/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Does engine die and then turns over , but will not fire? You say won't start, it is cranking? Any smoke from exhaust when cranking? If none, then the fuel solenoid is not opening the fuel. It has to have battery voltage as long as the key is on, or it will not open. You can have bad solenoid, or no power to it!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It starts good from a cold start and will run all day if you don't turn it off, but when you do turn off, then it has to set for about an hour before restart. It will turn over, but will not crank until it's cooled off. Do you know the part number for the fuel cut-off solenoid? Also, where is this located, next to the fuel injector pump or included in the fuel injector pump? Would you have a diagram to go by?

I may be wrong! I don't see it listed in the parts list. How does engine kill , with key off, or by lowering the throttle? If with key, it has a solenoid and is part of the injection pump, but not shown as a separate part, but can be bought separately!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The information you have given me, is something that I was already aware of. Thank you for trying, but this hasn't been helpful.

Sorry, let me opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's ok, I think I will opt out too. I would like to cancel my free trial to this service. If you have already received payment from Pay Pal, please have the charges taken off my credit card.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician