Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a MTD Huskee LT4200 RIDING MOWER. My problem is that

Customer Question

I have a MTD Huskee LT4200 RIDING MOWER. My problem is that I bought this machine used almost like new, I noticed the drive belts were wearing so I replaced them, When I was all done the machine would only crawl same speed forward and reverse. Its has a seven gear transaxle, Any idea what I might have done wrong. I readjusted the shift linkage to factory specs. Still thesame
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

See the link above, # 41 is the variable pulley, which is what makes the speed change when you move the speed lever. The transmission is just a single speed transmission and the variable pulley acts as the gear shift! See that the variable pulley is free and can move u and down on the shaft. The bearings in it may be frozen.

I see you opened a new question, please reply to here. So variable pulley is free, is it moving forward and back when you move the speed lever on the fender?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Curtis I have the tractor loaded to do some mowing will log in later hold tight!

I see question is still pen, did you get the speed up?