Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a 1960 model 730 serial#730I need to know if I have

Customer Question
I have a 1960 model...
I have a 1960 model 730 serial#730(###) ###-####I need to know if I have clear title to the John Deere Tractor if there are any liens on record and possibly the ownership record
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/7/2016
Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your question.

Since Deere tractors have never been titled there will be no history from that aspect. As far as the ownership history that can be recovered from Deere only through the Two Cylinder Club. The below link will walk you through the procedure to send in for your tractors history.

http://www.two-cylinder.com/john-deere-serial-number-research.htm

Even a John Deere dealer won't have access to any tractor serial number data prior to 1980. The process listed in the above link will be your best bet.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything further I can help you with.

Thanks,

Kevin

I should note that the info provided by Deere for the $35 may or may not include the purchasing customers name. It all depended on how well the selling dealer did their paper work. They will be able to give you an original build sheet and tell you what dealer sold the tractor at the very least. If the dealer submitted the final sales paperwork to Deere it will have the purchasers name.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

If it helps at all John Deere financial would have written off the tractor back in 1990 had they not received payment. As far as it being financed with an outside lending firm, there is no public record that we would be able to check for Agricultural equipment manufactured prior to 1980. I wouldn't be too concerned about a lean holder due to the tractors age and selling value 40 or 50 years ago. In todays world most lenders would have written off the loss by now. Its unlikely the tractors purchase has been facilitated by a loan in the past 20 years any way.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello, I just wanted to check in to make sure there is nothing further I can do to assist you with your question.

If there is something I can do please let me know. If you are satisfied with the answer provided please take a moment to rate my answer.

Thank You,

Kevin

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician