dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

On a new holland ford tractor model 1520 with 3 cyl diesel

Customer Question

on a new holland ford tractor model 1520 with 3 cyl diesel starts up ok runs for about 15 min & shuts miss firing before it shuts down. replaced injection pump& fuel shut off solenoid still does the same thing?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you my cell #845(###) ###-####tom gould
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  dd85 replied 10 months ago.

What color smoke are you getting?

if it is white then you have a hose cracked or something loose letting air into the fuel line.

Have you checked the fuel filter?

Try running with out the fuel cap, Take fuel cap off and cover with a rag to keep dirt out. the cap has a vent to let air into the tank and can become clogged.

You might try taking off the line at the filter to the tank, fuel cap off, blow about 5 lbs of air into the line, does it bubble ? then how much fuel comes out of the line in 30 seconds? 1 quart? 1/2 gallon?