Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Bx2200 tractor, all of a sudden it won't drive

Customer Question

I have a Bx2200 tractor, all of a sudden it won't drive under load. If going up slight incline it won't move the back wheels. if I go real slow it will go and drive but if I apply any torque to it it will not drive the rear wheels
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Tractor is 4WD. will it drive the front wheels? Does tractor roll free . or could the brakes be dragging?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I am trying to go forward and let off the drive petal it will lock the wheels up, but it will roll backwards if not in gear

Do the rear tires have correct amount of air in them, as low air pressure can let the wheel spin in the tire and not drive the tractor. Rare, but it does happen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they have the correct air pressure,

does front drive work?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when it won't go forward it appears the drive shaft between the front wheels and the back won't move when I am able to get it to go the drive shaft does

raise one wheel at a time and see if it will turn by hand, all wheels should turn in this test.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
will have to check that tomorrow

OK, does the pto work ok, are have you tried it?Same with hydraulics, any change in hydraulics? Tractor has a coupler and drive shaft from the engine to the hydrostat transmission. If shaft / coupler slips, failing, it would not drive tractor and would affect all functions.

See link below.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i had the mower deck and front end loader on and they both seemed to work fine

I'm thinking that one of the wheels is dragging the tractor down. Front wheel can have bad gear, or rear wheel can have brake dragging. Did you see any metal in the oil or filter when you drained it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
a little on the strainer when i changed the fluid but not a lot. Will try cheching the wheels tomorrow

Did you cut the old filter apart, to see if it had any unusual amount of metal in it? Which would indictate the hydrostat has probelms!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no i haven't

OK< you might want to do that.

I see question is still open. Did you find problem?