Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a new holland TS100 and it won't go forward. It will

Customer Question
reverse. If I put the...
I have a new holland TS100 and it won't go forward. It will reverse. If I put the lever into forward, I hear a grinding noise like sprockets not catching. It did this before but then I could with moving the lever moving to reverse and back to forward make it move forward. I mean the signs were already there and it was progresive.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: In what respect for instance?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/25/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

What transmission do you have , 16X16 manual transmission? The top transmission shift cover can be removed and the shift forks and gears examined to see if the shifter is worn, or the gears are worn.

See link above.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it's a 16x16 electro shift. All the gears work perfectly while reversing. Before, forward would catch after a few tries and once it was in forward, selecting gears wasn't a problem. I tried to calibrate but it shows error U36.

With gears grinding, the gears are not meshing, The electro shift is same concept, but not something that I can help with. Sorry. Let me opt out, and see if anyone else will reply. Please do not reply to me or it will lock your question!

Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 1 year ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman

I have attached a picture of the electro valve cover with the solenoids, shafts and forks.

Since it is moving the shift fork rail, I doubt it is the solenoid ref # 21, but could be.

It might also be the shift rail ref # 13 is sticking and not traveling far enough.

also look at the shift fork ref # 14 to see if it is worn on either side.

if these appear to all be okay the look down into the F N R synchronizer and see when you move it forward and back if the "teeth look the same? or is one side not as pointed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your reply, I didn't open it up yet. I assume I can reach the electro valves trough the bottom of the cab but to reach the synchronizer I probably have to split the tractor isn't it?

Slide the seat all the way back, then unscrew the sides of the floor mat, either remove the floor mat of tie up to the seat.

remove the center cab plate.

the solenoids can be seen there.

if you unhook the wires and take out the bolts you can remove the cover, shift rails and forks through the hole.

dd85
dd85
dd85, Foreman