Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

What is your charge for Repair advise? 96 Deere 970. Had the…

What is your charge for...
What is your charge for Repair advise? 96 John Deere 970.
Had the front loader against a concrete slab, try to pry up with loaded, pop the clutch, jumped forward, banged loader against slab, engine died. Will restart in neutral, dies immediately when shifting into any gear even with the clutch in. Moving quickly out of gear back to neutral keeps motor running?
7/30/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Is the solenoid being energized and is killing engine? Unhook the linkage to it, and see if tractor operates. Then we know it is a safety switch causing the solenoid to be activated.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started

Trying to call, but getting no response???

PTO was in gear! Thanks!